Is your organization hosting an event? Would you like one of our Aurthors to present at a local conference, university, or venue? We would be delighted to work with you! Provided below is a general overview of our Outside Sales procedure:
Who we work with:
We partner with a broad range of organizations, including universities, libraries, conferences, conventions, non-profits, churches, museums, businesses, etc.
What we provide:
In addition to providing display books, we provide a catalog and order form plus online ordering website link, and instructions. Your organization or venue will only need to provide a table and space!
How it works:
1. For most events, a volunteer from your organization will receive the books and sales kit via the mail, sell the books at the event, and return the kit and display books once the sale is over. The kit is very easy to use and instructions are provided. If books sales total at least $200 before tax, the organization will receive a 20% commission on all eligible titles. This is the usual procedure for small to medium events OR conferences that span a few days. This is also great for organizations that would like to use the sale as a fundraiser.
2. For some large events (at least 1000 attendees) with limited sales time (~1-3 hours) and local to our offices, an Isabella Media employee or contractor may staff the sale. We typically set up during the author’s presentation and sell books once they are finished speaking. There is no commission for the organization. This would need to be arranged at least 3-4 weeks in advance to ensure that a bookseller is scheduled. We are unfortunately not able to send a bookseller to every requested event.
Event Information is Important:
• When you contact us, please include the name of your organization, the date and time of the event, the name of the speaker, and the expected audience size.
• As soon as we have a potential book list, we’ll make sure the titles are available, and you determine the quantity you will order so we can provide the discounted pricing appropriate to your order size. It is very rare that stock will run out. Our booksellers are available to help you make these decisions so your event will be well stocked with books.
• We ask for at least three weeks’ notice before your event. This allows time for the books to arrive at the store and for the kit to be assembled.
If you are interested in partnering with Isabella Media for your event or have any questions, please feel free to contact our Outside Sales Coordinator Dawn by e-mail (email@example.com) or phone (800-449-7252). Include your name, organization, phone number, and e-mail.
Thank you for thinking of us. We look forward to working with you!